Opening Your Heart: Your Romantic Color
Posted by David Zyla | Filed under News and Updates
Your Romantic Color expresses your passion, your sexuality, and your heart.
Your own personal version of red, your Romantic Color is taken from your flushed skin, evoking the vitality of the blood that flows through your arteries. This is the color that reveals your passion, your sexual energy, and your romantic self. In short , it is the perfect color to wear on a Valentines Day date!
The color that expresses your passion and love might indeed be red—but it might also be tangerine, fuchsia, berry, rust, or even mahogany.
Find Your Romantic Color
Follow these steps to reveal the color that shows your warmest, most passionate self:
1. In natural light, hold your hand over a white piece of paper with your palm facing you. Curl your fingers so that your palm is “cupped.”
2. Look carefully at the most flushed areas of your palm and notice the shade.
3. Now, place a finger on each side of the fingerprint of your index finger and pinch your finger. What is the color of your flushed skin?
4. Look in the bottom of your palm on the side closest to your little finger.
5. If your palm includes deeper shades that make it difficult to see this color, you might want to hold your hand next to your gums. The contrast will help bring out the different shades in your palm.
Once you have identified the perfect Romantic Color, head to the cosmetics counter and choose a lipstick that matches it. You can wear this color in a lipstick or gloss and then bring the tube with you to match when shopping for the perfect Valentines Day outfit.
What exactly should you be looking for?
Nothing is sexier than a simple solid-colored dress or top in this color, and following the shape of your jaw is the perfect no-fail neckline!
Have a wonderful February 14th!