Color Your Home!
Posted by David Zyla | Filed under News and Updates
The best and most impactful way to personalize a space is through color, and the easiest and most economical way to do that is with paint.
Can’t figure out which colors to use?
There are no universal colors to wear that we all look good in. The same is true in decorating. We feel our most comfortable in a space when it feels authentically “us”. Just as you would dress with intention for a date or a job interview, the same holds true for color on your walls. Use it to support what happens in each room. For example: if you use your dining room to entertain in often you want to have a lot of energy in the space. Therefore, think about pumping up the walls with your Romantic Color, or personal shade of red!
Follow these steps to discover your Romantic Color, the color reflected by your flushed skin, which reveals your passion, your sexual energy, and your romantic self; your version of red.
1. In natural light, hold your hand over a white piece of paper with your palm facing you. Curl your fingers so that your palm is “cupped.”
2. Look carefully at the most flushed areas of your palm and notice the shade.
3. Now, place a finger on each side of the fingerprint of your index finger and pinch your finger. What is the color of your flushed skin? (This is also the color that your ears might turn when very hot or cold.)
4. Look in the bottom of your palm on the side closest to your little finger.
5. If your palm includes deeper shades that make it difficult to see this color, you might want to hold your hand next to your gums. The contrast will help bring out the different shades in your palm.
If you are still having trouble figuring out the color, head to a makeup counter and match your finger to a rust, merlot, geranium or creamsicle colored lipstick.
“Coloring” your home is just as important in the private spaces. Want a more restful sleep? Try using your version of “nude” or your Essence Color for your bedroom walls. The Essence Color is the color that harmonizes your skin tones and reveals your most genuine, open, and essential self. To find your version of this color check out Color Your Style!